Discover the Key to Your Artistry
A week-long workshop for flutists which will expand your artistic horizons and help you create a more meaningful performance experience. Explore, Define, and Develop your own personal artistry.
We will begin the evening of Tuesday, June 27th and end the evening of Saturday, July 1st. If you would like to participate – we will offer an “Early Bird” tuition discount for all registration forms plus deposit ($100) or full payment of $375 received by May 26th. After May 27th, the price returns to $400. Registration forms can be given to Sandy or mailed to Rose Johnson.
With our many flute faculty members, we are able to accommodate flutists of all ages and ability levels. Come join us for 5 days of creativity and inspiration, while increasing your flute technique and performance skills!
With facilitators representing many different arts disciplines, participants will learn to improve their own performance practices with ideas from drama, opera, improvisation, visual arts, dance, and multi-media/technology. A 5 day exploration of musicality, creativity, and expression, as well as instruction in extended techniques and the Alexander Technique, will be offered. Participants will enhance their individual skills through informative workshops, coached chamber ensembles, and masterclasses, presented in an inviting and welcoming manner.
- Daily warm up sessions designed to explore and unlock our creativity and make connections to other arts disciplines
- Daily ensemble rehearsals. We will prepare music that combines multiple artistic modalities, and/or focuses on multiple featured stylistic
- Throughout the week, each participant will experience 2 – 3 sessions with a visiting guest artist, and will participate in hands-on/interactive activities in visual art, Dalcroze, improv/drama, multi-media/technology, and opera. These activities may also incorporate participants sharing their prepared music with the Learn techniques from artistic disciplines to enhance your expressive capabilities on the flute!
- Bring your own lunch, or access nearby food trucks and restaurants. A sketch book where you can notate your artistic/musical/project ideas will be Each day, we will choose a location to gather and ‘sketch’ ideas.
- Three Alexander Technique
- Minimum of one private lesson with one of our five flute faculty: Nicole Molumby, Sandra Saathoff, Lauren Asimakoupoulos, Clifford Dunn, and Rose Johnson.
- A masterclass opportunities – One on prepared repertoire, led by flute faculty; and a chance to present the concept of your ‘final’ project, receiving feedback from all faculty and guest artists.
- Two Performances: Thursday evening will feature a Guest Artist recital; and participants will present their projects on Saturday evening (family/friends welcome).
June 27th through July 2nd, 2017
Seattle Pacific University @ Nickerson Studios